simon

simon

About me

Rider for Graham Weigh Cycles.
Ridden for wales and currently on the welsh junior programme.



Monday 22 June 2015

BMBS RD4 Cathkin Braes

Hi all, sorry I have not been updating my blog due to exams and revision but I will now be able to update you about races and how they went again :).
This weekend we went to Cathkin Braes Scotland for the 4th round of the national points series, the weather was windy and cloudy the whole weekend with some light showers from time to time. The course was technical with lots of rock sections and short punchy climbs.
I was gridded 6th on the line and was on the front row, I had a great start and was 4th into the singletrack, it was a fast pace and with the added rock sections and technical features thrown in while the race was still close and people battling for positions, about a group of 6 of us found we had gotten away due to and crash or fall from behind, the 2 leaders attacked and left 4 of us to battle it out for the rest of the race but Cameron Orr and calum fernie managed to get a gap on me and Sam culverwell coming up the final climb to the finish of lap 1, me and same worked together for the next 2 laps only to be joined by Tomos mein on the end of lap 3 heading into the final lap, tomos set a high pace for the final lap and managed to drop Sam leaving me and him to fight it out for 5th place, he was quick over the top of the hills and attacked over the crest and slowly broke me down and tire till I made a mistake on one of the steep wet slippy climbs towards the end of the lap and I had to jump off and he pulled a gap, I tried to get it back and pushed all the way to the line but he had already but a sizeable gap into me with less than 1k to go and I had to settle for 6th. it was a good fast race and was happy with 6th place and was less than 3minutes off the leader over 1hour.
 I have now got 2 weeks before the next welsh XC at Nant Yr Arian in mid wales and then National Champs at Hadleigh farm in Essex.

No comments:

Post a Comment