simon

simon

About me

Rider for Graham Weigh Cycles.
Ridden for wales and currently on the welsh junior programme.



Tuesday 28 April 2015

Midlands XC RD1 Cannock Chase

A few weeks ago I headed to Cannock chase for the second time this season for the first round of the Midlands XC. the course seemed to be fairly dry but was still very slippy in the trees.
The start of the race was really fast but I managed to clip in straight away and led the start out and half of the first lap before Cameron orr overtook me but I managed to jump on the back of him and stay with him up the first climb until he attacked over the crest of the hill and managed to open up a gap before we hit the tree line and the vets! it was really hard to overtake all the vets in the trees and this is where gaps could have been opened or closed depending on if they wanted to let you past and in my case it was closed and was caught by harry yates, we then stayed together for the rest of the race trying to close the gap to Cameron taking it in turns on the front for the remainder of the laps, in the end we couldn't catch Cameron and we both knew that it was going to come down to a sprint for 2nd and 3rd, before the final single-track I attacked and overtook harry and I thought this was a good move as I knew he would struggle to get past, however, over the final jump I over shot it and was carrying  too much speed  and came off the main line and gave harry enough of a gap to come up on the inside of me and then we were going head to head for a sprint finish and knocking bars and in the end harry got 2nd by less than half a wheel and I had to settle for 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment