simon

simon

About me

Rider for Graham Weigh Cycles.
Ridden for wales and currently on the welsh junior programme.



Tuesday 28 April 2015

Welsh Mountain Bike Series Round 2 Buith Wells

This weekend I headed to the Buith Wells Showground in mid wales for the second round of the Welsh XC. the course was similar to the welsh cyclocross champs course, but was still a great course.
The start was carnage due to being started with elites, experts, and junior men and women categories, however I did manage to move into the top 10 fairly quickly and break away with Craig Rogers for the first lap but after the last technical section just before the arena I managed to drop my chain so had to stop and put it back on losing about 15 seconds. I was then stuck chasing back for the next 2 laps with Thomas Nesham. I then just managed to drop him on the main climb and was then chasing back to Craig Rogers solo. I luckily managed to then catch up to him with 1 lap to go, I sat on him up the last climb and down the tight twisty descent and before the crest of the final climb I then attacked him before the final descent as I knew it would be very hard to get past before the finish, he stayed with down the descent but on the final corner Craig ended up falling off on the last corner by hitting my back wheel  which allowed me to cross the line and take the win of RD2 of the Welsh XC.

I have now got a weekend off before heading to Coed-y-Brenin for the welsh champs and then forest fields the weekend after for RD3 of the BMBS where I hope to get some good results too.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment